Good Question, You may be waking up reading this and most people think I really wish I had more sleep. The general answer for adults in 8 hours per night.
Here are six quick tips for getting a good nights sleep:
- Try to go to bed at the same time each evening and wake up at the same time each day. Including weekends. If you do this you are more likely to stay asleep during the night and regulate your body clock.
- Practise a relaxing bedtime ritual. Relaxing, routine activity right before bedtime conducted away from bright lights helps separate your sleep time from activities that can cause excitement, stress or anxiety which can make it more difficult to fall asleep, get sound and deep sleep or remain asleep. This could include reading a book or having a cup of herbal tea such as camomile.
- Avoid daytime napping. If you struggle to sleep at night try to remain awake and focussed throughout the day allowing your body to rest and recover through the night.
- Daily exercise. Trying to exercise each day will assist you with drifting off to sleep at night.
- Evaluate your sleeping environment. Is it dark? reduce outside light sources, do you have comfortable pillows? reduce noises from fans or electric devises that don’t need to be plugged in
- Turn off mobile phones or electronic devises 30minutes before bed and don’t feel tempted to stimulate your mind by looking at it in the bedroom.
Do you have any other ideas for a good nights sleep that we can add to our list? Feel free to contact us below: