Firstly, what do you think of when you think of the colour green? Most probably something healthy!
Start your day with something green or take this healthy smoothie filled with vitamins with you to work! We want to help you become greener by using Spirulina, which is an algae (I know it sounds wrong doesn’t it! that was exactly what we thought before we tried it). We will show you how to prepare this tasty smoothie with your favourite fruits and vegatables! You will love the taste and forget about the enriched algae which is a planet-friendly source of protein.
Lets get started (our proposal for two people):
- 10 minutes of your time
- your favourite fruits and vegetables: I chose: 2 bananas, 2 carrots, 1 apple,
- juice from one orange or small glass of water
- 1 small glass of greek yogurt (or natural)
- a few leaves of spinach
- Spirulina powder (you can find in health food shops) 5-15g per person
garnish with a slice of your favourite fruit!
Lets start preparing:
First add your liquids to the bottom of your blender, followed by the spirulina powder, sliced bananas, spinach leaves, sliced apple (leave on the skin, as we know there are a lot of dietary fiber!), then peel and sliced the carrots. Blend for a few minutes until you have a smooth consistency.
Pour into a glass and enjoy!
What are the benefits of the green powder? (spirulina)
- strengths and stimulates the immune system
- increases anti-viral activity
- anti-aging and nueroprotective benefits
- removing kidney toxicity
- reduces risk of cancer
- builds healthy lactobacillus
- helps wound healing
- helps removing radiation effects
- good energy, endurance
- good recovery for athletes and gym users
- controls your cholesterol
- anti-anaemic (great source of iron)
Here are the facts about the G´s
In 100g of Spirulina powder** you will find:
Fibre – 5g
Protein – 66g!
Vitamin B12 – 170 úg
Calcium – 333 mg
Magnesium – 300 mg
Iron 6.58 mg
*Health Magazine, [Scientific India] available on-line, http:www.scind.org 13/02/2014, http://www.algaeindustrymagazine.com
**Information /Organic Spirulina Powder, Naturya/
Let us know what you thought of the smoothie. Have a green week!